Toronto Raptors at Orlando Magic
In a matchup featuring two of the league’s best young big men, the Magic look to match their season high with seven straight wins while trying to deal Chris Bosh and the Raptors their first defeat in five games.
No that is not an April Fool’s joke, the Raptors have won four straight. They have been playing great over the last week or so and it is not surprising that once the games mean little they start piling up victories.
The Raps don’t win when they need to and now they are winning when they should not. All they are doing is wrecking their lottery pick.
Anyways, the winning ways should end tonight on the road when the Magic fill the stat sheet with Dwight Howard dunks and endless threes. Or do the Raps have an April Fool’s joke in store for Stan Van and the boys?
Here is everything you need to know about tonight’s game.
- Howard is averaging 34.0 points in his last two games against Toronto and 28.4 in the past five meetings.
- Bosh is averaging 30.4 points and 11.0 rebounds in his last eight games against Orlando.
- Andrea Bargnani is averaging 20.4 points while shooting 47.4 percent (37-for-78) from 3-point range over his last 19 games.
- Jose Calderon is shooting a league-best 97.8 percent from the free-throw line, and has posted career highs with 12.9 points and 8.8 assists per game.
- Calderon will be matched up with Rafer Alston, who has been steady since being acquired in a trade with Houston to replace the injured Jameer Nelson. Alston had the best scoring season of his career with Toronto, averaging 14.2 points in 2004-05.
- The Magic are 2-1 against the Raptors this season.
- Magic favored by 10 points. O/U is 203.5
- The favorite is 7-3 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
- The home team is 7-3 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
- The Raptors are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Orlando.
- The Raptors are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
Call me crazy but this has all the makings of a upset special. The Magic are coasting a little and will take the Raps lightly. Toronto steals one 105-100 and SVG goes ape shit after the game.
Popularity: 1% [?]
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
Are you a new dad, old dad, soon to be dad or just wish you were a dad? Check out Like A Dad, a blog that touches on doing parenting....like a dad.